Pet Vaccinations in Huntersville
Protect Your Pet with Vaccinations
Protecting your pet’s health is our priority. One of the easiest ways to protect your pet’s health is to ensure that your pet is up to date with their vaccinations. Vaccinating your pet can help prevent them from contracting a broad range of dangerous diseases. Birkdale Animal Hospital offers a full suite of vaccinations for pets in Huntersville. Our team of registered veterinary technicians and experienced veterinarians will help you understand the benefits of vaccinations. We will design a customized vaccination program that meets all your pet’s unique needs. With our team by your side, you will be able to protect your pet’s health for the long term.
To learn more about vaccinations for pets in Huntersville, call our team at (704) 610-4819 orcontact us online today.
Choosing to Vaccinate Your Pets
Cats and dogs can contract diseases just like humans. Also, just like humans, pets can receive vaccines that can protect them from communicable diseases. When you choose to vaccinate your pet, you are choosing to protect not only their health, but the health of other pets that your pet may come in contact with. Vaccinations are a key way to stop the spread of diseases through our community.
Dogs require a few core vaccinations to protect them from common diseases, including:
- Parvovirus: This disease can be fatal, especially among puppies. It attacks the gastrointestinal and cardiac systems.
- Canine hepatitis: While this disease is not fatal, it can cause long term health issues if it spreads into your pet’s blood stream from their respiratory tract.
- Distemper: This disease is incurable and can often be fatal. It attacks many internal systems, including respiratory, gastrointestinal, and the nervous system.
- Rabies: Another fatal disease if left untreated, this disease dramatically impacts your pet’s central nervous system.
Cats also require an assortment of core vaccinations that protect them from various diseases, such as:
- Rabies: Cats can contract rabies as well. Vaccinating your cats against rabies can save their life.
- Panleukopenia: This disease is deadly for younger cats and kittens alike, as it affects the white blood cells in your pet’s system, which can lead to other dangerous infections.
- Calicivirus: While it is possible to recover from this disease, ulcers caused by this infection can lead to decreased appetite for pets.
- Rhinotracheitis: This is a disease with no cure, but rather management of symptoms. It can cause upper respiratory infections in cats.
- Feline leukemia virus: As the leading cause of death of death among cats, this disease causes anemia or even lymphoma.
Our team will make recommendations as to what vaccines your pet will need. We make recommendations based on your pet’s age, breed, sex, and lifestyle, as well as other factors that may be relevant to your pet’s wellbeing. We take care to design a vaccine protocol that is designed to meet all your pet’s needs as well as protect their health for the long term.
For questions about vaccinations for your pets, please speak with our team by calling (704) 610-4819 or contact us online today.
“I highly recommend Birkdale Animal Hospital to anyone looking for a primary veterinarian! I take my two dogs Jagger & Autumn here and always have great professional and reliable experiences with great cost efficient prices.”- Summer W.
“We’ve been taking our dogs to him for 15 years and he truly cares about your furry friends. Dr Mark has a heart of gold and is simply a great human being (funny, caring, intelligent, sensitive, and relatable). We wouldn’t go anywhere else!”- Lauren S.
“The surgery and recover was affordable and care and recovery easy with the physical therapy that was laid out for us. Dr. Mark and team are viewed as part of our family with the love they provided our dogs for over 18+ years.”- Patrick M.